Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Need A Bigger Bed

Its hard sometimes when you have small children to get a full nights sleep.  Its one of the few things that I truly miss from being a non-parent. 

Bucket decided last night to come downstairs and refuse to go back to his bed.  I have a hard time making either kid go sleep in their beds when its 4:30AM and I'm exhausted.  So naturally I just let him climb into bed with us.  This would be fine if either of my kids stayed in one place while they slept.  I told K this morning I can't decide which kid is harder to sleep with.  Miss B who moves around everywhere and will eventually take up half of the king bed with us crammed together on the other half or Damian who doesn't move as much but will poke you to see if you are awake yet.  He knows better than to talk to me but that doesn't stop him from trying to get me to look at him.  He has learned that if I do that I will usually get up and go watch cartoons with him. 

Really I think this is all practice for the next few nights.  He is terrified of thunder and we are due to get storms all weekend.  Somehow I don't think I'm catching up on my sleep this weekend!

On a side note.  K told me that I can extend the flower beds in the front of the house.  I'm super excited as I would rather weed more garden space than mow all that grass.