Friday, January 16, 2009

Wow

A few months ago, well more like a year ago now that I think about it, I purchase a jigsaw puzzle for Butter. It was made by a German company called Haba and I was extremely impressed at how well made it was. Butter loved it, but a few days after we had it we somehow managed to lose a piece. We kept the puzzle since we still had the original box and kept looking for the piece. We knew that it couldn't have gone far due to where it was lost.

Now here it is months later and we still had the puzzle with the missing piece. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me months ago, but I finally realized that I could contact the company about seeing how or even if we could get a replacement piece. Right before Christmas I sent them an e-mail regarding the puzzle and I even included which piece it was that we were missing. I promptly forgot about it. I was expecting them to e-mail me back with how to get a piece, what it was going to cost, ect. since most companies in this day and age charge for every little thing.

Low and behold when I got home yesterday there was a small box in the mail. Now I love getting boxes in the mail, specially the opening of them So my husband leaves all packages for me to open even his stuff. I looked at the return and couldn't believe it, it was from Haba. Inside was no note, no invoice, nothing but the missing piece wrapped ever so carefully in bubble wrap and then purple tissue paper. I'm still amazed that they just sent it and that it was wrapped so carefully, not just stuffed inside some box. In this day and age to find a company that has such great customer service is just shocking. So if you need some cute children toys, I highly recommend that you check them out.