Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just say "ma-ma"

So a while ago Mr. D starting talking. It was the normal baby noises and such. Well now that he is progressing we cannot seem to get him to say Mama. No matter how hard we try he just won't do it. A few nights ago we were giving the kids a bath, and I was trying yet again to get him to say it.

Okay sir say " Ma-ma-ma"

He looks right at me "Dada"

No say Mama

Dada

This goes on for a while until the cat comes in.

Say Mama

kid-dee (His version of kitty. Yes, he recognizes the cat for what it is but nope not poor old Mama.)

I think I may just give up. When Butter was this little we could not get her to say Dada. Heck she still calls for me before she calls for K even now. This bugged K to no end at this stage, but I kept telling him not to worry she would eventually come around and who knows maybe the next kid would like him better. Wow, was I ever right on that one!